Full Maternity Package
FCMS offers free consultations and follows the recommended schedule for routine prenatal visits (same as obstetricians)
4– 28 Weeks:Monthly visit
28 – 36 Weeks:Visit every two weeks
36 – 42 Weeks:Weekly visits
30-60 minute prenatal visits either in your home or in office which include:
- Patient education, counseling and recommendations on nutrition, fitness, stress management etc.
- Physical monitoring including; blood pressure, pulse, temperature, edema, nutrition, hydration, vitamins, urinalysis, weight, position of baby, baby’s activity and fetal heart rate
- Preparation for labor and birth- discussing all labor options
Exams/Testing (*if indicated or desired)
We offer a full spectrum of maternity related labs, collected by the midwife in home or in office. This includes:
- Standard lab collection with informed consent, alternative glucose testing (no glucola), prompt results
- *Non-invasive prenatal testing (genetic/fetal sex) as early as 9 weeks through Natera
- *Maternal genetic carrier screening for up to 240 genetic mutations
- Referral for the highest quality/least invasive ultrasound (we limit this to as needed)
Consultation and/or referral to appropriate care providers as needed, including holistic providers
Holistic and allopathic treatments for common pregnancy discomforts
On-call Midwife 24/7
Labor, birth and postpartum support including:
- Homebirth, waterbirth, hypnobirth, culturally competent care in birth (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, etc)
- Uninterrupted skin to skin (golden hour)
- Newborn assessment, monitoring, and procedures of your choosing (*Vitamin K / *Eye ointment)
- Referral to a holistic Pediatrician
- Lactation support
- Postpartum follow-up visits at 48 hrs, 2 week and 6 weeks.
Prenatal and postpartum care with planned hospital birth.
This care package is for mothers who may not fit the low-risk scope of care the Midwife offers. With this option, mothers still enjoy the benefits of all of the services above except with a planned hospital birth. If the Midwife is unable to attend the birth, FCMS can provide a well-trained doula to accompany you during labor if you would like. Licensed Midwives do not have hospital privileges at this time but are able to send your full prenatal record to the hospital and provide educational and emotional support.
Virginia Blair Photography is a partner of FCMS, She offers exclusive pricing for our clients. Below is a slideshow of some of her amazing work (shared with permission)
Prenatal and Mom & baby yoga
Please check our facebook page for upcoming yoga classes with FCMS
Natural Birth Classes
FCMS hosts monthly childbirth classes (complimentary for FCMS patients). Classes are taught by a Midwife and refreshments are provided. We always have a great time connecting with moms and building community through education. Check Facebook for an upcoming class.
In office ultrasound
Baby Sono comes to FCMS monthly to provide ultrasound services at a discounted rate for FCMS patients. Ultrasounds can be done as early as 8 weeks to confirm pregnancy. She also offers a gender scan and multiple 3/4D packages. Please check Facebook for upcoming Baby Sono dates.
FCMS offers a multitude of placenta services including encapsulation, smoothie, prints, etc. FCMS patients receive these services at a discounted price. Please call or text the office at (904) 990-3619 with any questions about these services.